Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Sarah <sa...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/31 15:25:51 UTC

Supertype other than umia.tcas.annotation

Dear all

I am trying to add costumized types to my type system. More specifically, I want to have types that extend the DKpro div type. However, when I enter de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.api.segmentation.type.Div as a supertypeName in the descriptor file, jcasgen returns the following error:

org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Undefined type “de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.api.segmentation.type.Div”, referenced as supertype of type "my.own.div.type.OwnDiv"

        <typeDescription>
            <name>my.own.div.type.OwnDiv</name>
            <description/>
            <supertypeName>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.api.segmentation.type.Div</supertypeName>
        </typeDescription>

How can I teach jcasgen which namespace to use?

Cheers
Sarah

Re: Supertype other than umia.tcas.annotation

Posted by "Zesch, Torsten" <to...@uni-due.de>.
The imports need to be within the typeDescriptor.
https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-current/references.html#ugr.ref.xml.component_descriptor.imports

See also here for an example:
https://github.com/dkpro/dkpro-core/blob/master/dkpro-core-api-segmentation-asl/src/main/resources/desc/type/LexicalUnits.xml

-Torsten

On 31.01.19, 17:59, "Sarah" <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi
    How do I important it? It is imported into the project via Maven. I thought
    about it and it seems like I can only use types that I define inside my
    project as super types. Otherwise I would basically have to copy the type
    classes from dkpro I guess.

    Best
    Sarah

Posted by Sarah <sa...@gmail.com>.