Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Andy DePue <an...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/11 18:21:26 UTC

Packaging bug?

I don't know if this goes to Sun or to the Xalan
group, so I'll post it here for your opinion.
It appears that there is a packaging bug in Sun's
JAXP.  Namely, the xalan.jar that ships with the
latest JAXP does not contain
org.apache.xml.utils.XMLString.  Now, normally I would
think to myself, "Oh, this must be because they are
using an older version of Xalan."  However, there is
actually a class (maybe more) that references
XMLString within this very same xalan.jar!
If you unjar the xalan.jar that ships with JAXP and
take a look at org.apache.xpath.objects.XObject, it
has a method, xstr(), that has a return type of
org.apache.xml.utils.XMLString (I know this because of
the nifty functionality in Netbeans that allows you to
look at compiled method signatures from within a jar).
 Thus, if you try to call xstr(), you will get a
compile time error.  This could even be the source of
some of the other bugs people are seeing with JAXP.

       - Andy

http://personals.yahoo.com