Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Derek Richardson <De...@appiancorp.com> on 2003/10/15 22:34:53 UTC

Can we override in struts-config?

If I have an action mapping for path "/abc" in struts config a, and a different mapping for path "/abc" in struts config b, and I specify struts config b after struts config a in my init param for the action servlet, does the mapping in b override the mapping in a? If so, is the accidental behavior that should not be relied upon or is it something that will not change?

What about for other elements, like form-bean or message-resources or forward (in a global-forwards section)?

We are searching for a way to make our product extensible without forcing users to change our base struts-config - it will be very useful if they can define their own struts config and selectively override elements of ours.

Thanks,

Derek Richardson

Note: I would have marked this message "UNIMPORTANT" in the subject line, but then everyone might have skipped it. :)

Re: Can we override in struts-config?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Derek Richardson wrote:

>If I have an action mapping for path "/abc" in struts config a, and a different mapping for path "/abc" in struts config b, and I specify struts config b after struts config a in my init param for the action servlet, does the mapping in b override the mapping in a? If so, is the accidental behavior that should not be relied upon or is it something that will not change?
>
>What about for other elements, like form-bean or message-resources or forward (in a global-forwards section)?
>
>We are searching for a way to make our product extensible without forcing users to change our base struts-config - it will be very useful if they can define their own struts config and selectively override elements of ours.

In general, the last definition of any item wins.

>Thanks,
>
>Derek Richardson

Craig