Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Elias Levy <fe...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/03 01:04:49 UTC

Global windows and purging

The documentation on streaming windows has the following warning:

Attention Purging will simply remove the contents of the window and will
> leave any potential meta-information about the window and any trigger state
> intact

Does this mean that if you are using global windows, purging is not
sufficient the discard all window state for the given key?

Is there a way to discard global window state when you are done with it or
will the state grow indefinitely  as new keys come in?

Re: Global windows and purging

Posted by Elias Levy <fe...@gmail.com>.
FLINK-7731 seems to answer my question.  Need to call clear() when purging
to remote all state.