Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by cowwoc <co...@bbs.darktech.org> on 2008/07/27 17:12:35 UTC

Is Derby.jar really built using javac?

Hi,

Can someone please confirm whether derby.jar is really built using javac as
the website indicates? It seems the latest version might have been built
using the Eclipse compiler, and this causes problems for Proguard:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5124830

Can someone please confirm whether javac is being used and if not fix it?

thank you,
Gili

Re: Is Derby.jar really built using javac?

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.
cowwoc <co...@bbs.darktech.org> writes:

> Is there any way for you to find out the exact JDK (vendor, version) used to
> compile derby.jar?

That is available in the release notes. See

http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.4.1.3.cgi

Look for the "Java 6"/"Compiler" items in the "Build environment" section.

The vendor is Sun Microsystems.

--
dt

Re: Is Derby.jar really built using javac?

Posted by cowwoc <co...@bbs.darktech.org>.

Is there any way for you to find out the exact JDK (vendor, version) used to
compile derby.jar? The reason I ask is because of
http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5124830

Finding the exact compiler will go a long way in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Gili

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Gili,

I have been told that Dyre is on vacation for a couple weeks. I am
afraid you will have to wait a while for the definitive answer to your
question.

Regards,
-Rick

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Gili,

I have pinged him.

Regards,
-Rick

Posted by cowwoc <co...@bbs.darktech.org>.

Rick Hillegas-2 wrote:

> Hi Gili,
>
> I do not believe that Eclipse was used to build 10.4.1.3. However, the
> definitive word would have to come from the 10.4.1.3 release manager,
> Dyre Tjeldvoll.
>
> Regards,
> -Rick
>
> cowwoc wrote:
>> The version in question is 10.4.1.3.
>>
>> Gili
>>

>> Rick Hillegas-2 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Gili,
>>>
>>> Can you tell us what release of Derby is causing you problems? I built
>>> the distributions for the following releases and I did not use Eclipse
>>> to build any of these distributions. I believe that the release notes
>>> for these distributions accurately reflect the environment that I used:
>>>
>>> 10.2.1.6
>>> 10.2.2.0

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Gili,