Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Richard Bair <rb...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/23 00:44:35 UTC

Chainsaw thought

Just a thought, but...

In chainsaw, when a specific logging event is
selected, its detail information is listed in the
"lower" pane, right?  In the past I have used xsl to
transform the xml log entry to html for display.

Its a cool idea in that you can customize what you
want the summary to look like.  The only problem I
have found was speed; but I was parsing HUGE log
files, so that wasn't entirely unexpected.

When chainsaw makes it into the sandbox (and after I
finish my work on Acorn [Sometime after May 15th :-/]
), I should be able to put together a patch for this
if its groovy enough for chainsaw :-)

Richard