Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "J.S. Mammen" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/03 06:35:14 UTC

Windows network share?

Can I consume files from network share like \\server\share<file://server/share>?
I tried File component but it did not work...

Re: Windows network share?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 6:35 AM, J.S. Mammen <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I consume files from network share like \\server\share<file://server/share>?
> I tried File component but it did not work...

The Camel file component uses the java.io.File for the paths. So
whatever works with that you can do.

On windows, you could maybe map to that network share, to a letter, eg

e:\ =  \\server\share<file://server/share>

eg so you just type e: in the DOS prompt to go to that network share.
If you can get that working, then Camel should be able to read from
the e:\ path.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Windows network share?

Posted by Björn Bength <bj...@gmail.com>.
forward slash also works for us:

//server/share$/subdirectory

regards

Re: Windows network share?

Posted by "J.S. Mammen" <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Windows network share?

Posted by Pham Ngoc Hai <pn...@yahoo.com>.
Why don't you mount it first? after mounting, it will be available as local resources then you can consume from it.
Regards,
Ngoc Hai