Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/12 21:42:26 UTC

Running Hadoop client as a different user

I have been running Hadoop on a clister set to not check permissions. I
would run a java client on my local machine and would run as the local user
on the cluster.

I say
*      String connectString =   "hdfs://" + host + ":" + port + "/";*
*            Configuration config = new Configuration();*
*
*
*            config.set("fs.default.name",connectString);*
*
*
*            FileSystem fs  = FileSystem.get(config);*
*The above code works*
*  *
I am trying to port to a cluster where permissions are checked - I have  an
account but need to set a user and password to avoid Access Exceptions

How do I do this and If I can only access certain directories how do I do
that?

Also are there some directories my code MUST be able to access outside
those for my user only?

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE