Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Quinton McCombs <qu...@qdog.org> on 2002/11/13 22:50:35 UTC

Henning's DB Security Service

I am trying to implement Henning's DB Security Service and I have run
into a small problem.  How do I integrate RunData.getUser() and
RunData.setUser()?  Should I modify the security service code or
RunData?

How have others gotten past this little issue?

RE: Henning's DB Security Service

Posted by Chris K Chew <ch...@fenetics.com>.
Unfortunately, the RunData interface requires that the User object you use
implements the User interface.  I don't think there is any getting around
it.  If I recall correctly, I was able to put a bunch of alias methods in,
and added the temp storage stuff, with not too much trouble.

FYI, I gave up the "hennings security proposal" path after a few days in
favor of simply extending TurbineUser according the the 2.1 howto (with
slight syntax changes to work with 2.2) and writing my own standalone
permission system as a TurbineService.

Chris

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.

Posted by Chris K Chew <ch...@fenetics.com>.

Re: AW: Henning's DB Security Service

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.
Right now, that is the only one that I have tried to convert.  I am in
the process of migrating to T2.2 RC1.  Since, I my application in 2.1
extends TurbineUser, I needed a way to migrate my custom class.

I am not sure if I have read the proposal or not...   I have read so
many messages in the archives over the past week, I am starting to lose
track.  I will go back and take a look though.

Posted by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com>.