Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by ja...@sun-rise.com.vn on 2008/05/12 11:54:02 UTC

Can JAMES MAIL get username and password from OutLook?

I configure OutLook with account's Gmail(send/Recv mail from Gmail).
I used send a mail to JAMES.
Can JAMES MAIL get username and password from OutLook(like Gmail get username and password from OutLook)?

Re: Can JAMES MAIL get username and password from OutLook?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
james_mail@sun-rise.com.vn ha scritto:
> I configure OutLook with account's Gmail(send/Recv mail from Gmail).
> I used send a mail to JAMES.

How does JAMES is involved if you configure outlook to use Gmail for
both sending and receiving?

> Can JAMES MAIL get username and password from OutLook(like Gmail get username and password from OutLook)?

Sure.
You just need to create a new user in JAMES and the credential you
decide can be used from outlook.
http://james.apache.org/server/2.3.1/adding_users.html

Stefano

PS: this is a server-users@james question, not a developers one. Please
subscribe/use the users list for next questions.

Re: Can JAMES MAIL get username and password from OutLook?

Posted by ja...@sun-rise.com.vn.
I configure OutLook with account's Gmail(send/Recv mail from Gmail).
I used OutLook send a mail to JAMES.