Posted to mod_dtcl@tcl.apache.org by "Zeinert, Holger" <Ho...@lms-gmbh.de> on 2002/11/29 09:15:57 UTC

var get

Hi,

I thought I sent this already, but I'm not sure, so I post it again:

when using similar GET/POST variable names like "var1", "var12", "var13" all
starting with a the same string "var1", but some are longer. How can I get
*only* value of "var1". When trying [var get var1] it returns a list with
all values of variables, matching "var1*". Is there an -exact option? I
could not find it in the documentation. I did not looked it up in the source
code, though.

Any help is apreciated.

Regards
Holger

|____________________________________________________________________

Re: var get

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
"Zeinert, Holger" <Ho...@lms-gmbh.de> writes:

> I thought I sent this already, but I'm not sure, so I post it again:

> when using similar GET/POST variable names like "var1", "var12",
> "var13" all starting with a the same string "var1", but some are
> longer. How can I get *only* value of "var1". When trying [var get
> var1] it returns a list with all values of variables, matching
> "var1*". Is there an -exact option? I could not find it in the
> documentation. I did not looked it up in the source code, though.

This sounds like a bug we fixed a while ago (Thanks to David Brancato
for catching it) - are you running the latest version?

I do:

http://localhost/foo.ttml?var1=foo&var12=bar

with this:

puts [var get var1]

and just get 'foo'.

Sorry for the late reply - I was off in Arizona for Thanksgiving.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/