Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2008/06/09 04:00:53 UTC

find-apu suggestion

Wouldn't it make sense, if --with-apr-util supplied in our find-apu.m4
script would default to the results of --with-apr, if not otherwise
provided?  I can't imagine many occasions where you want them installed
in separate paths in the first place.

Bill

Re: find-apu suggestion

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Wouldn't it make sense, if --with-apr-util supplied in our find-apu.m4
> script would default to the results of --with-apr, if not otherwise
> provided?  I can't imagine many occasions where you want them installed
> in separate paths in the first place.

I started looking and the fix was less than trivial, but if anyone with
more autofoo than I wants to tackle this, it might get in much faster :)

I won't be able to look at it again for a week or two.

Re: find-apu suggestion

Posted by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net>.
On Jun 8, 2008, at 7:00 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Wouldn't it make sense, if --with-apr-util supplied in our find-apu.m4
> script would default to the results of --with-apr, if not otherwise
> provided?  I can't imagine many occasions where you want them
> installed
> in separate paths in the first place.

+1, saves a lot of typing.

S.