Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Viral_Thakkar <Vi...@infosys.com> on 2004/07/28 09:49:04 UTC

PortableRemoteObject.narrow()

Hi All,

This is an EJB question. Sorry to put this in struts forum.

I am using servicelocator component to get the EJB home object. Method
inside this component uses PortableRemoteObject.narrow() to get the Home
object after Jndi lookup.

I also uses Business Delegate component which has init() method and
wrapper business methods.

Should I also need to do PortableRemoteObject.narrow() in init() method
of BD? Here I get the remote object from Home by home.create() method.

In short, should I use PortableRemoteObject.narrow() casting for
home.create() method?

Regards,
Viral

[OT]Re: PortableRemoteObject.narrow()

Posted by pu...@tcs.com.
please mark such mails as [OT] in the subject line - This means Off Topic

PortableRemoteObject.narrow() is a decent way to check whether an object
can be casted to given class or not...so..decide yourself...!!!

Puneet Agarwal
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: puneet.a@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

"Viral_Thakkar" <Vi...@infosys.com>
07/28/2004 01:19 PM

Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

cc

Subject
PortableRemoteObject.narrow()

Hi All,

This is an EJB question. Sorry to put this in struts forum.

I am using servicelocator component to get the EJB home object. Method
inside this component uses PortableRemoteObject.narrow() to get the Home
object after Jndi lookup.

I also uses Business Delegate component which has init() method and
wrapper business methods.

Should I also need to do PortableRemoteObject.narrow() in init() method
of BD? Here I get the remote object from Home by home.create() method.

In short, should I use PortableRemoteObject.narrow() casting for
home.create() method?

Regards,
Viral

ForwardSourceID:NT00003812