Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2009/12/26 04:21:52 UTC

alternate view-handler in MyFaces-2.0.0-alpha

Hi!

Since RichFaces-3.3.3 is not compatible with the builtin JSF-2.0 facelets 2 version, I need to disable it and configure  the 'old' facelets-1.1.15.B1 manually.

After digging the whole night, I still couldn't find out how to do this with MyFaces. In Mojarra it now works with:

in web.xml:
<context-param>
    <param-name>javax.faces.DISABLE_FACELET_JSF_VIEWHANDLER</param-name>
    <param-value>true</param-value>
</context-param>

and in faces-config.xml:
<application>
    <view-handler>com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler</view-handler>
</application>

As far as I can see from the JSF-2 spec, this configuration should still be supported:
>  /faces-config/application/view-handler -- Replace the default ViewHandler instance with the one specified. The
> contents of this element must be a fully qualified Java class name that, when instantiated, is a ViewHandler.

but looking at ViewDeclarationLanguageFactoryImpl doesn't show anything which looks alike.

How to disable the internal facelets-2 and enable the 'old' facelets-1.1.15 in MyFaces?

txs and LieGrue,
strub

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: alternate view-handler in MyFaces-2.0.0-alpha

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The context parameter is the way to go, but it might not be working yet in
MyFaces alpha.

~ Simon