Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Boyd, David" <db...@nisys.com> on 2001/09/25 16:05:38 UTC

Placement of created .pm files

Where is the proper place for me to put the .pm files that I have created?

I was using: PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB "C:/Projects/IRS/Apache/Perl" in my
httpd.conf file but was informed:

	PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB "C:/Projects/IRS/Apache/Perl"
	i'm not sure how well this works, since (as i understand it) perl
only checks this env var once on startup.
      "use lib" in a PerlRequire'd startup file might be safer.

	by gus

Re: Placement of created .pm files

Posted by Angus Lees <gu...@switchonline.com.au>.
On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 09:05:38AM -0500, Boyd, David wrote:
> Where is the proper place for me to put the .pm files that I have created?
>
> I was using: PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB "C:/Projects/IRS/Apache/Perl" in my
> httpd.conf file but was informed:
>
> 	PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB "C:/Projects/IRS/Apache/Perl"
> 	i'm not sure how well this works, since (as i understand it) perl
> only checks this env var once on startup.
>       "use lib" in a PerlRequire'd startup file might be safer.

print out @INC somewhere in an embperl page. you can put your .pm's
anywhere along there.

if you want to add new directories to @INC, write a startup.pl
alongside your httpd.conf, with the line:

 use lib 'C:/Projects/IRS', 'X:/Some/Other/Directory', 'Z:/etc';

then add "PerlRequire startup.pl" to your httpd.conf

--
 - Gus