Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Mike Beckerle <mb...@apache.org> on 2021/12/01 19:03:36 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil 3.2.0-rc1

Hi all,

I'd like to call a vote to release Apache Daffodil 3.2.0-rc1.

All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/daffodil/3.2.0-rc1/

Staging artifacts can be found at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedaffodil-1025/

This release has been signed with PGP key 13A680AF, corresponding
to mbeckerle@apache.org, which is included in the KEYS file here:

https://downloads.apache.org/daffodil/KEYS

The release candidate has been tagged in git with v3.2.0-rc1.

For reference, here is a list of all closed JIRAs tagged with 3.2.0:

https://s.apache.org/daffodil-issues-3.2.0

For a summary of the changes in this release, see:

https://daffodil.apache.org/releases/3.2.0/

Please review and vote. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours
(Monday December 6, 14:00 EST.US).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
- Mike Beckerle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil 3.2.0-rc1

Posted by Mike Beckerle <mb...@apache.org>.
I created

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAFFODIL-2600
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAFFODIL-2601

as issues about the things Brandon tripped over in trying to get daffodil
to build.

Posted by "Sloane, Brandon" <bs...@owlcyberdefense.com>.

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Interrante, John A (GE Research, US)" <Jo...@ge.com>.
Hi Brandon,

--
Best Regards,
Lola K.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil 3.2.0-rc1

--
Best Regards,
Lola K.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil 3.2.0-rc1

Posted by Olabusayo Kilo <ok...@owlcyberdefense.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
Best Regards,
Lola K.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil 3.2.0-rc1

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olabusayo Kilo <ok...@owlcyberdefense.com>.
+1

--
Best Regards,
Lola K.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil 3.2.0-rc1

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
We can consider adding release notes to the source/svn, but I personally
like keeping it externally on the website. This way we can update
release notes if we find something after the fact that we forgot to add
or discovered post release. We can also more easily include links to
bugs or additional documentation about new features, which isn't as easy
in a normal text file.

For the build instructions, the README references BUILD.md on our github
page which has development dependencies and setup instructions for
different OS:

Posted by Mike Beckerle <mb...@apache.org>.
I realize I never actually voted myself in the thread.

+1 Binding

Posted by Mike Beckerle <mb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Beckerle <mb...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Thompson, Dave" <dt...@owlcyberdefense.com>.
+1

-  Verified all v3.2.0 JIRA tickets have been verified/closed.
-  Executed all daffodil sub-project SBT test suites on CentOS 7 and each supported Java version (8, 11 and 17) without error.
-  Executed compile/save each nightly run schema on CentOS 7 and each supported Java version (8, 11 and 17) without error.
-  Executed the nightly performance test suite on CentOS 7 and each supported Java version (8, 11 and 17) without error.
-  Executed dfdl-schema repo sub-module SBT test suite without errors.

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

I checked:

[OK] hashes and signatures of source and helper binaries are correct
[OK] signature of git tag is correct
[OK] source release matches git tag (minus KEYS file)
[OK] source compiles and all tests pass (both en_US and de_DE) (with
minor exception, see DAFFODIL-2599)
[OK] jars in helper binaries and the repository are exactly the same
[OK] jars built from source are exactly the same as helper binary jars
[OK] src, binaries, and jars include correct LICENSE/NOTICE
[OK] RAT check passes
[OK] no unexpected binaries in source
[OK] distributed dependencies in helper binaries are same as from maven
[OK] rpm and msi install and run with basic usage
[OK] ~60 public and private DFDL schema projects pass tests
[OK] No issues found in JavaDoc and ScalaDoc

Posted by "Sloane, Brandon" <bs...@owlcyberdefense.com>.
Updating vote to +1

The issues I identified appear to be present in the 3.1.0 as well, so no reason for them to hold up this release.