Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> on 2015/09/15 10:59:33 UTC

Switching AngularUI to default

The Angular UI for Solr is now feature complete, and people are asking
that it be made the default. There are, undoubtedly, still bugs to be
found in it.

The new UI will have new features (e.g. a collections tab) so will
hopefully be worth people using!

Here's two options, as I see it, for 5.4:

1. Make it default, with a link back to the original UI in case of bugs
2. Add a link to the new UI to the current one (should have done that
ages ago) in order to gather feedback before making it default

Screenshots of links are here:

Thoughts?

Upayavira

Re: Switching AngularUI to default

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 9/16/2015 9:22 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:
> +1 to adding a tint to the old UI, or the new one for that matter.

One of the questions that I will sometimes ask users, particularly on
IRC where the response usually is fast, is what color the admin UI
background is.  If it's white, they're on a recent version ... if it's
yellow, I know they're on 1.x or 3.x.

Having a distinctive tint for the new admin UI would be very good.  It
should not be a very intense color.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Switching AngularUI to default