Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi> on 2010/04/20 17:08:56 UTC

What happens to a rule file when removed from sa-update channels

"90_2tld.cf has been replaced by the official rule file 20_aux_tlds.cf."

I have this in my channels.txt that I use with sa-update.

Is it enough to remove the channel, and the rule file disappears on next
sa-update, or does the old remnant keep on ghosting on the system forever?

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

You will stop at nothing to reach your objective, but only because your
brakes are defective.

Re: What happens to a rule file when removed from sa-update channels

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.
Jari Fredriksson wrote:
> "90_2tld.cf has been replaced by the official rule file 20_aux_tlds.cf."
>
> I have this in my channels.txt that I use with sa-update.
>
> Is it enough to remove the channel, and the rule file disappears on next
> sa-update, or does the old remnant keep on ghosting on the system forever?

To remove the rule, you need to remove the channel from sa-update and
then go to /var/lib/spamassassin/3.003001/ and remove the .cf file and
directory relating to the ruleset.

Also, make sure you restart spamd or it will continue with the old rules
until the next sa-update causes it to reload.

--
Bowie