Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Mauricio Ghiorzi <ma...@wenance.com> on 2018/11/12 22:07:22 UTC

Option to Deactivate a Payment Type

Hi community
I'm configuring a setup of Fineract 1 / Mifos UI.

There a way to deactivate a payment type instead of delete it?
I couldn't find this option neither through UI nor API

If this is not implemented yet, could you please guide me in which part of
code modify to achieve this feature?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

[image: Imágenes integradas 2]

*Mauricio Ghiorzi -  Software Engineer *Av. del Libertador 2442, Piso 2, CP
1636, Olivos
Buenos Aires, Argentina -  Tel.: +54911 5046 6624

www.wenance.com

Re: Option to Deactivate a Payment Type

Posted by Shruthi M R <sh...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi  Mauricio,

*Currently the application doesn't support deactivating/activating payment
type.*

If you want to implement the feature, here are some points  that might be
useful,

1. Add a new field to payment type table to denote status, by default let
it be active so that we do not break current structure
2. Write a new API in PaymentTypeApiResource for changing the status (or
you can use update payment type api, I prefer new API)
3. The API will be similar to updatePayment type that you can find in
PaymentTypeWritePlatformServiceImpl, instead of checking all the changes,
check the status and set the new status
4. And whenever you are using the payment type in loan/savings/share
retrieve and validate for active payment type

Thank You,

*Shruthi M R*
Senior Software Engineer - Conflux Technologies
shruthi@confluxtechnologies.com | Skype: Shruthi Rajaram | Mobile:
+91-8277012716