Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Ed Swing <Ed...@sas.com> on 2014/03/24 14:56:09 UTC

Owl Imports and TDB

Fellow Jena Users,
    What is the best design for handling owl:imports statements when the ontology you want to import is stored in TDB?

I have a set of ontologies that I am storing in TDB. However, many of the ontologies are dependent on a base ontology, which is also stored in TDB. I want to import the base ontology in the child ontology, but owl:imports expects a URI (or more specifically, an ontology reference). I'm not sure how to handle that in a TDB store.

Edward Swing
Applied Research Technologist
Vision Systems + Technology, Inc., a SAS Company
6021 University Boulevard * Suite 360 * Ellicott City * Maryland * 21043
Tel: 410.418.5555 Ext: 919 * Fax: 410.418.8580
Email: Ed.Swing@vsticorp.com<ma...@vsticorp.com>
Web: http://www.vsticorp.com<http://www.vsticorp.com/>

Re: Owl Imports and TDB

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 24/03/14 13:56, Ed Swing wrote:
> Fellow Jena Users, What is the best design for handling owl:imports
> statements when the ontology you want to import is stored in TDB?
>
> I have a set of ontologies that I am storing in TDB. However, many of
> the ontologies are dependent on a base ontology, which is also stored
> in TDB. I want to import the base ontology in the child ontology, but
> owl:imports expects a URI (or more specifically, an ontology
> reference). I'm not sure how to handle that in a TDB store.

There isn't a specific integration but the OntDocumentManager allow the
app to associate models with an ontology URI
(OntDocumentManager.addModel).  That model can be backed by TDB.

	Andy