Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "Das, Kuntal" <Ku...@Schwab.com> on 2001/05/30 01:32:21 UTC

Help wanted !!! Parameter types.....

Hi all,
	This is my second mail regarding the same subject as my previous one
: how to pass a parameter which is of type, say, long or int. The general
rule is, as mentined in the AddressBook example, doing

params.addElement(new Parameter("acctId", java.lang.String.class,
                                    acctId, Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC));

if we r passing a String literal. But what if we want to pass a long value
or an int value, taking into consideration the Parameter constructor is
Parameter(java.lang.String name, java.lang.Class type, java.lang.Object
value, java.lang.String encodingStyleURI) ?

PLease advice

Thanks,
Kuntal Das
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Wireless Technology
45 Fremont, SF
Email : kuntal.das@schwab.com
Phone : (415)667-4322
Live life to the brim.................

Re: Help wanted !!! Parameter types.....

Posted by Raghu Tholasendrapuram <ra...@yackinc.com>.
Assume that acctId is an integer of value 123456 then the parameter should
be added as follows.

Integer acctId = new Integer(123456) ;

params.addElement(new Parameter("acctId", java.lang.Integer.class,
                                    acctId, Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC));

-Raghu