Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by "Toribio Guardiola, Pedro" <pt...@minsait.com> on 2016/02/19 08:24:31 UTC

How can we refine interpreters?

Good Morning.

First, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Pedro Toribio and am responsible for product development sofia2 Indra (www.sofia2.com<http://www.sofia2.com>).

We are evaluating the use of zeppelin as entry point information to sofia2, but we need to develop a Zeppelin interpreter to use sofia2, but we've run into a problem. We are not able to debug the interpreter. We can debug l zeppelin-server and its dependencies, but when the remote interpreter runs through RemoteInterpreterServer, lose control and consequently we can not debug the interpreter, so we're done to address the development of the interpreter.

The reason for this post is that indiquéis us whether it is possible to debug the interpreter running on the platform and how it can be carried out.

A greeting.

[http://marcaindra.com/firma-indra-digital/logo.jpg][http://marcaindra.com/firma-indra-digital/twitter.jpg]<https://twitter.com/minsaitbyindra>[http://marcaindra.com/firma-indra-digital/youtube.jpg]<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdz8akghznOoBVd2KhFW4Qw>[http://marcaindra.com/firma-indra-digital/linkedin.jpg]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/minsait>

Pedro Toribio Guardiola

Arquitecto Sofia2

Tecnologías Digitales

ptoribio@minsait.com

Avda. Bruselas, 35

28108 Alcobendas, Madrid

T +34 915 647 209

M +34 620 276 716

minsait.com<http://minsait.com>

________________________________
Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, contiene información de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su destinatario o destinatarios. Si no es vd. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado que la lectura, utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. En el caso de haber recibido este correo electrónico por error, se ruega notificar inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenvío a la dirección electrónica del remitente.
Evite imprimir este mensaje si no es estrictamente necesario.

This email and any file attached to it (when applicable) contain(s) confidential information that is exclusively addressed to its recipient(s). If you are not the indicated recipient, you are informed that reading, using, disseminating and/or copying it without authorisation is forbidden in accordance with the legislation in effect. If you have received this email by mistake, please immediately notify the sender of the situation by resending it to their email address.
Avoid printing this message if it is not absolutely necessary.

Re: How can we refine interpreters?

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi Pedro Toribio Guardiola,

You can attach your debugger to running process.
For Intellij, i have added

export
ZEPPELIN_JAVA_OPTS="-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005"
in conf/zeppelin-env.sh

Start Zeppelin and run some code using SparkInterpreter. Then Zeppelin will
start interpreter process.
Then i could able to attach debugger by creating RemoteDebugger
configuration described here.
http://www.javaranch.com/journal/200408/DebuggingServer-sideCode.html

Detailed step may different depends on your IDE/debugger.
But the idea is, you can attach debugger to running process.

Thanks,
moon