Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Gabriel López Millán <ga...@dif.um.es> on 2002/03/26 09:43:23 UTC

simple question

Hi all.
Does Tomcat support IPv6?
if so, Does Tomcat support IPv6+SSL

Thanks a lot, Gabi.

Re: simple question

Posted by Richard Priestley <r....@cs.ucl.ac.uk>.
Hi Gabi,

Disclaimer:  I don't really have anything to do with the development of
Tomcat so I wouldn't take everything I say as Gospel.  :)

On Tuesday 26 March 2002 8:43 am, you wrote:
> Does Tomcat support IPv6?

I have Tomcat running on JDK1.4 and everything seems to work fine with IPv6.
The problems we've had were all linux kernel related.

> if so, Does Tomcat support IPv6+SSL

I've got it doing server authentication fine, although you have the usual
issues if you use a different DNS name for the IPv6 address than for the IPv4
name but that's not really a Tomcat problem.  I've also kind of managed to
get it to do client authentication but that can be a lot more 'interesting'.

If you would like configuration details we could arrange to post this to the
user list.  I have tested a number of browsers (IE, Netscape, Mozilla and
Konqueror) with certificates from your PKI, incidently.

Regards,
Richard