Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Malcolm Gorman <M....@bom.gov.au> on 2006/02/10 00:41:04 UTC

[mina] Migrating from Mina 0.8 to 0.9

Hi,

I'm migrating my code from Mina 0.8.0 to 0.9.0

I've worked out a few of the changes, but not all.

In particular, the following classes are no longer available:
*	ProtocolHandlerAdapter
*	ProtocolSession

What classes or interfaces should I use instead?

Is there some documentation or examples I can look at?

Cheers, Mal.

700 Collins Street      GPO Box 1289
Docklands, VIC 3008     Melbourne, VIC 3001
Intranet: http://servb.ho/~mal
http://www.canonical.org/~kragen/tao-of-programming.html

Re: [mina] Synchronization question

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fedechicco,

On 2/14/06, fedechicco@gmail.com <fe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  As I can read in the FAQ:   > Do I need to make IoHandler and
> ProtocolHandler thread-safe? > You don't need to do because all events
> generated by MINA are transmitted to your handlers in order, and the newer
> event > is not processed if the event handler method for the older event
> for the same session didn't return yet because MINA uses >
> leader-followers thread pool by default.
>
> Ok, and does that work for the same session only? When I manage multiple
> sessions must I do my own synchronizations between events on different
> sessions?

You have to synchronize the access to the resource shared by multiple
sessions. Except that, you're safe even if you don't synchronize it.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
PGP Key ID: 0x854B996C

[mina] Synchronization question

Posted by fe...@gmail.com.

Re: [mina] Migrating from Mina 0.8 to 0.9

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Malcolm,

2006/2/10, Malcolm Gorman <M....@bom.gov.au>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm migrating my code from Mina 0.8.0 to 0.9.0
>
> I've worked out a few of the changes, but not all.
>
> In particular, the following classes are no longer available:
>
>    - ProtocolHandlerAdapter
>    - ProtocolSession
>
> What classes or interfaces should I use instead?

ProtocolSession and IoSession is merged into IoSession.  There's no more
separation between I/O layer and protocol layer.  Therefore, there's no
ProtocolHandlerAdapter, either.  You could simply use IoHandlerAdapter.
Please refer to the examples and the source code of SimpleServiceRegistry.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
PGP Key ID: 0x854B996C