Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Blomstrom <da...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/12 02:12:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Fixing Localhost on a Mac

I hired someone to install and configure Apache, PHP, MySQL and phpMyAdmin on my new MacBook Pro and set up a virtual host that I could use as a guide. It's kinda sorta working, but there are some major problems. For example, he installed phpMyAdmin inside one of my websites, and http://localhost displays the home page of that same website.

Anyway, it seems like localhost is a logical place to start fixing things, but I'm confused. Can someone tell me what file would normally be displayed at http://localhost on a Mac (I thought it was Apache's welcome page) and what I need to do to make it display there?

I moved phpMyAdmin to /Users/MyName/Sites, where my websites are stored. After I get localhost figured out, I'd like to set it up to display at either http://localhost/phpMyAdmin or http://phpMyAdmin

Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] Fixing Localhost on a Mac

Posted by Steve Swift <st...@gmail.com>.
Out of the box Apache will display one of the index.html* files in the
directory pointed to by the "DocumentRoot" directive in the
https.confconfiguration file. I say one of the
index.html* files because it comes with a plethora of languages defined.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk