Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Ismael Touama <is...@install.fr> on 2002/11/14 15:14:51 UTC

DBI ?

Hi all,

I have to interface my web server with MySQL.
In the context of the use of perl scripting
going with Apache::ASP, do have I to install
Apache::DBI ?
Thank you,
ism.

Re: DBI ?

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Ismael Touama wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have to interface my web server with MySQL.
> In the context of the use of perl scripting
> going with Apache::ASP, do have I to install
> Apache::DBI ?

No, DBD::mysql & DBI are enough, however using
Apache::DBI ( before you "use DBI" ) can help with
performance.  MySQL has fast connect speeds, so it
may not matter much... other databases like Oracle have
really slow connect speeds so Apache::DBI is really
important to use there for database connect caching.

Regards,

Josh