Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by hicham abassi <ha...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/02 22:10:37 UTC

Need advices about choosing the right release

Hello,

I posted a mail about a strange exception about session.
There is the same bug here : http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-610
The bug is related to 1.1.0

What is the best actually :
* downgrade to 1.0.9 release
* upgrade to a new fresh release.

Can someone help me to make the best choice ?

Thanks

--

hicham ABASSI
habassi@gmail.com

Re: Need advices about choosing the right release

Posted by "ir. ing. Jan Dockx" <ja...@mac.com>.
I would say, go for a recent nightly.

Sadly, we are in a situation here where nightlies are, in all, more
stable than actual releases, and this has been like that for a coulpe
of months. A ton of bugs have been solved since 1.0.9, so a later
version is surely worth it, but 1.1.0 is quite buggy. A nightly 27/9 or
28/9 is what I would suggest: a lot of bugs have been solved since
1.1.0, but there is no actual release. 1.1.0 is unusable, in our case
for defects in selectOne and radio buttons, but there are many more
problems logged. We have currently deployed a webapp with a proprietary
build of the trunk d.d. 26/9, 11:ooh CET, which seems quite stable.

On 2 Oct 2005, at 22:10, hicham abassi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I posted a mail about a strange exception about session.
> There is the same bug here :
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-610
> The bug is related to 1.1.0
>
> What is the best actually :
> * downgrade to 1.0.9 release
> * upgrade to a new fresh release.
>
> Can someone help me to make the best choice ?
>
> Thanks
>

> --
>
> hicham ABASSI
> habassi@gmail.com