Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Uli Held <ul...@germanistik.uni-freiburg.de> on 2012/01/19 20:06:36 UTC

UIMA C++ UnsatisfiedLinkError

Hi, I'm trying to run a UIMACPP Annotator with the CPE GUI. This has worked before but suddenly I get a UnsatisfiedLinkError that looks like this:
Exception in thread "Thread-7" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Source/apache-uima/uimacpp/lib/libuima-2.3.dylib:  Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libicudata.46.dylib   Referenced from: /Source/apache-uima/uimacpp/lib/libuima-2.3.dylib   Reason: image not found

Clearly there is no libicudata.46.dylib. Instead I found a library called libicudata.48.dylib.
What is the difference between the two and why is the wrong library linked in libuima?

Regards,
Uli

Re: UIMA C++ UnsatisfiedLinkError

Posted by Bhavani Iyer <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Uli

The Uima C++ SDK  and annotators must be built with the same version of ICU.
Is it possible that the ICU libraries on your system have been replaced with
newer versions after you build UIMA C++.

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH should have UIMACPP_HOME/lib.

Some additional details on how you
built UIMA C++ SDK would help figure out what is going on.

Bhavani