Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Sudheer <su...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/28 07:47:37 UTC

Error returned while executing getExtendedTypes()

Hi,

I have got below error while retrieving extended types and registering
custom type.

org.apache.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException: [v.3.0RC3 Mar 29 2010 13:42:23]
Error detecting database type: Login failed for user
'winnt://machine1/administrator'.
        at
org.apache.cayenne.dba.AutoAdapter.loadAdapter(AutoAdapter.java:185)
        at
org.apache.cayenne.dba.AutoAdapter.getAdapter(AutoAdapter.java:155)
        at
org.apache.cayenne.dba.AutoAdapter.getExtendedTypes(AutoAdapter.java:263)
        at
com.ca.wac.dr.config.CayenneFilter.doFilter(CayenneFilter.java:124)  // code
is below
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at com.ca.wac.auth.AuthFilter.doFilter(AuthFilter.java:253) // this
is our class
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at
org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.MonitorFilter.doFilter(MonitorFilter.java:390)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Code lines where I got the error is below.
---------------------------------------
Actually there is no datasource set during initialization of DataDomain. I
am dynalically setting DataSource within a servlet filter. Error is returned
while executing getExtendedTypes() method in the last line of code snippet.

DataNode dn = dataDomain.getNode(CommonAppConstants.CAYENNE_DATA_NODE);

// create custom ExtendedType instance
ExtendedType customType = new MdbUuidType();

// set the data source based on user database type
dn.setDataSource(DBPool.getDataSource(md));
dn.getAdapter().getExtendedTypes().registerType(customType);

any idea what went wrong? getExtendedTypes() works fine if data source is
created during initialization via xxxx.driver.xml configuration.

Sudheer

Re: Error returned while executing getExtendedTypes()

Posted by Sudheer <su...@gmail.com>.
My bad! How did I miss that. This is what happens when you are too much into
coding.

Thank you Gary.

Re: Error returned while executing getExtendedTypes()

Posted by Gary Jarrel <ga...@gmail.com>.

> org.apache.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException: [v.3.0RC3 Mar 29 2010 13:42:23]
> Error detecting database type: Login failed for user
> 'winnt://machine1/administrator'.
>        at

I'd say this line here "Login failed for user" perhaps the
username/password to the database are incorrect?

Gary