Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Robert Jones <rj...@salientsystems.com> on 2011/09/25 01:11:21 UTC

Minimum Erlang Libraries for CouchDB

My evil plan is to use CouchDB on a semi-embedded platform.  I'd like to
conserve space by only installing the Erlang libraries necessary to support
CouchDB.  I've not been able to locate this information.  I'm not an Erlang
developer...yet.  If I have to dig in, I will.

So, does anyone have experience with this, and if so, what did you find?

I'm using Erlang R14B03 and CouchDB 1.1.0 on Linux.

I'm also interested in general advice for embedding Erlang/CouchDB.

Thanks,
Rob

--
Robert Jones
Technical Lead, Software Development

L.B. Foster Company - Salient Systems
4393-K Tuller Rd
Dublin, OH  43017-5008
phone: (614) 792-5800  EX 4636
fax: (614) 792-5888
email: rjones@salientsystems.com <yo...@salientsystems.com>

website:  www.lbfoster.com
NASDAQ Ticker Symbol: FSTR

Re: Minimum Erlang Libraries for CouchDB

Posted by Ryan Ramage <ry...@gmail.com>.
Be still my beating heart. I will have to revisit my couchapp-takeout
code with your java/couch launching goodness.

Posted by Robert Jones <rj...@salientsystems.com>.
Thanks!  That was just the pointer I needed.

Rob

Posted by Dale Harvey <da...@arandomurl.com>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Robert Jones
<rj...@salientsystems.com> wrote:
> What's the trick for launching directly using erlexec?  I basically used the
> Android-Couchbase-SourceBuild as a framework, but I stripped out all the
> Android references and plugged in my own tools as necessary.
>
> Now I've come to the rather embarrassing conclusion that I don't know how to
> attempt to launch this thing.  I suspect the following line from my
> couchdb_wrapper script is the key, but what should the arguments be?  I
> guess my question is, how do I launch an OS process with erlexec, and how
> can I get that process to be couchdb?
>
> exec $BINDIR/erlexec $@

you can have a look in refuge to see how it works:

https://github.com/refuge/refuge &
https://github.com/refuge/refuge/blob/master/rel/files/refuge

Erlang releases are done for that... Also quick note to say that
binaries for embedded versions will be available in coming days.

- benoit

Re: Minimum Erlang Libraries for CouchDB

Posted by Robert Jones <rj...@salientsystems.com>.

Posted by Robert Jones <rj...@salientsystems.com>.
Paul & Dale,

Thanks!  This is just the sort of tip I was looking for.  Android-Couchbase
looks like it's in the sweet spot for my goals.  I'm going to start there.

Cheers,
Rob

Posted by Dale Harvey <da...@arandomurl.com>.
Hey