Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rupa Dhoot <ru...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/23 14:15:57 UTC

POS Screen invocation

Need your help display setting on OFBIZ. I am on a VPS with CentOS 5.6
Linux. I have taken Ofbiz 10.04 Zip & jdk-6u27-linux-x64-rpm.bin from Oracle
download & using the PostgreSQL.

1. I am not able to set the Display so that I can view on Screen the OFBIZ
POS. Secondly on every POS terminal, do I need to have full OFBIZ installed
i.e. full Postgresql. Don't we have any POS client with light & postgreSQL
client only.

2. Do we have any database of for Items barcode ( UPC, EAN ). Do we have any
routine for Barcode scanner in Java.

[root- apache-ofbiz-10.04]# java -jar ofbiz.jar -pos
Set OFBIZ_HOME to - /root/apache-ofbiz-10.04
Admin socket not configured; set to port 0
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11
window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
        at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
        at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.access$100(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:52)
        at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment$1.run(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:155)
        at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:131)
        at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:68)

        at java.awt.Window.init(Window.java:380)
        at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:433)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:403)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:368)
        at org.ofbiz.base.splash.SplashScreen.<init>(SplashScreen.java:38)
        at org.ofbiz.base.splash.SplashLoader.run(SplashLoader.java:81)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
        at org.ofbiz.base.splash.SplashLoader.load(SplashLoader.java:47)
        at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.initStartLoaders(Start.java:259)
        at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.init(Start.java:96)
        at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.main(Start.java:410)

I have even tried xhost+ & xclock but both are having display error

Re: POS Screen invocation

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
It sounds like you are not setting the DISPLAY variable properly.
Regarding 'xhost +' that must be run on the CLIENT machine which is
running a real X server.

Sometimes, the DISPLAY variable is automatically set for you via ssh
(try "echo $DISPLAY" after you login).  If you get nothing, you can
try to figure out what you need to set it to by running  "who am i",
which shows you what hostname or IP the system thinks you are coming
from.  For instance:

root@kvm01:~# who am i
root     pts/1        2011-08-23 06:27 (client01.mydomain.com)

You then set your DISPLAY variable to what the system thinks is your
host/ip (as above):

root#kvm01:~# export DISPLAY=client01.mydomain.com:0.0

Then test with "xclock".  If xclock dosen't work then the issue is on
your client.  If your client is a windows box then you could load
"cygwin" (free), and install the X server.  If your client is a unix
box, open a shell and enter "xhost +".  I also recently dumped cygwin
(on Windows) a use program called "MobaXterm Home v3.0" which is a
great X server.

Regarding your question "do I need to have full OFBIZ installed", I
would think not.  On the server where ofbiz is installed, all you have
to do is set the DISPLAY variable to the target client(s), and you
should be able to launch multiple POS instances (in the background),
like this:

cd /ofbis_home
DISPLAY=client01.mydomain.com:0.0 java -jar ofbiz.jar -pos &
DISPLAY=client20.mydomain.com:0.0 java -jar ofbiz.jar -pos &

However, the above assumes that each client is running their own
Xserver and each of them has run 'xhost +'

Re: Scope of context

Posted by Saroj C <sa...@tcs.com>.
Thanks a lot Scott.

So, I conclude, anything on the context will be Thread Safe and can be
eligible for Garbage Collection, after the screen is rendered.

Thanks and Regards,
Saroj

From:
Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>
To:
user@ofbiz.apache.org
Date:
08/24/2011 08:03 PM
Re: Scope of context

"context" in groovy typically refers to a screen context (that's where the
bulk of the groovy scripts in OFBiz are run from). There is no context for
request events so you need to put your data in the request attributes,
anything placed in there will end up in the screen context.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Re: Scope of context

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Scope of context

Re: POS Screen invocation

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I have not run VPS configuration, so anything related to that I can not
help.
1. are you using the VPS for each terminal or seperate hardware for each
POS?
2.what do you mean by database?
are you wanting to use Barcode for shipping or POS.
if POS the drivers are under the POS engine.

Rupa Dhoot sent the following on 8/23/2011 5:15 AM: