Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2004/10/25 19:38:19 UTC

Re: [Axis2] - XMLBeans and StAX

AFAIK: new version of XmlBeans (available in CVS) has StaX directly
integrated however i am not sure how stable it is or when is official
release planned?

still i think we should make binding flexible and allow to support in
AXIS2 many different binding options right?

thanks,

alek

Eran Chinthaka wrote:

>I agree, there is nothing wrong with that.
>
>But if we can directly integrate StAX to XMLBeans without these conversions,
>I think it would be more efficient.
>
>BTW : Most of the data binding tools we have today supports SAX. So if we
>write a StAX -> SAX converter, AXIS 2 has a great flexibility to use any
>data binding tool.
>
>________________________________
>
>Eran Chinthaka
>Lanka Software Foundation

Re: [Axis2] - XMLBeans and StAX

Posted by ja...@mac.com.
On 25 Oct 2004, at 18:38, Aleksander Slominski wrote:
>  AFAIK: new version of XmlBeans (available in CVS) has StaX directly
> integrated however i am not sure how stable it is or when is official
> release planned?

I'm not sure how complete the XMLBeans -> StAX implementation is yet;
I've hit a few bugs trying to go from XMLBeans -> StAX using the latest
versions of both - the only way I could get it to work was going
XMLBeans -> SAX -> StAX :(.

Some good namespaced & non-namespaced unit tests would be very handy
for testing that this actually works.  I'll be really happy when the
two work together nicely :)

James

* James Strachan
*