Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Al Sutton <al...@alsutton.com> on 2008/01/20 11:26:31 UTC

More Jar clashes in core

We've got velocity 1.4 & velocity 1.5 from these two places;

A couple down the chain dependencies are using <groupId>velocity</groupId>
We're using <groupId>org.apache.velocity</groupId>

and we've also got Struts-1.2.9 directly included as a dependency from
velocity-tools-1.3 using <groupId>struts</groupId> and we're using
<groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>.

Re: More Jar clashes in core

Posted by Al Sutton <al...@alsutton.com>.
No worries, nothing p*ssed me off, I'm just in favor of keeping posts short.
Sorry if the terseness sounded like you'd annoyed me, I just wanted to make
sure we were both on the same page.

Al.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Sorry if something I said pissed you off.

Those should be brought to the same version:

       <dependency>
            <groupId>org.freemarker</groupId>
            <artifactId>freemarker</artifactId>
            <version>2.3.11</version>
        </dependency>

On Jan 20, 2008 2:37 PM, Al Sutton <al...@alsutton.com> wrote:
> I think you've missed the point.
>
> Because the groupIds are different both sets of jars are included by maven
> during compiling and testing, because maven thinks both jars are for
> different packages.
>
> I can confirm this is the case by running maven in debug mode and analyzing
> the output.
>
> Now, back to the original question, which one is the standard?

James Mitchell

Re: More Jar clashes in core

Re: More Jar clashes in core

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com>.