Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/20 17:38:08 UTC

Chukwa?

Whats the deal with Chukwa? Mailing list doesn't look like its alive as
well as any of the download options???
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/chukwa/

Is this project dead?

Re: Chukwa?

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
Mailing lists should be alive. Fairly low traffic, but alive.

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department

Re: Chukwa?

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Chukwa is good for general purpose log aggregation, and it has specific knowledge of analyze hadoop logs for monitoring/reporting hadoop performance.  Log aggregation component is a completed system in Chukwa 0.4 for streaming logs into hadoop.  Trunk also provides a completed reference implementation to stream log to Hbase.  Analytics and reporting framework are incomplete in trunk.  There are a couple patches (PIG-1782, PIG-1832) in flight to make the framework more polished to support the analytics framework.

Regards,
Eric

On 3/21/11 11:24 AM, "Mark" <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is Chukwa primarily used for analytics or log aggregation. I thought it
was the latter but it seems more and more its like the former.

Re: Chukwa?

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Re: Chukwa?

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.