Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de> on 2019/06/25 18:40:27 UTC

Wiki notifications for new JMeter Wiki

Hi all,

I think we lost notification of changes to the new JMeter wiki with the
migration. Where should the notifications sent to? dev@ or commits@?

The old ones were sent to dev@.

Felix

Re: Wiki notifications for new JMeter Wiki

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 at 20:44, Felix Schumacher
<fe...@internetallee.de> wrote:

> Am 08.07.19 um 11:12 schrieb sebb:
> > Confluence does not work the same way for notifications.
> > Note that some changes are not reported (e.g. page deletions?).
> > Also notifications don't get sent immediately; they are bundled and
> > done every hour or so.
> >
> > For large pages, the diffs are hard to find, because they are
> > indicated by colour only making searching for them quite difficult.
> >
> > Note that the diffs are not displayed very well by lists.a.o [1]
> > They are displayed in raw format by mod_mbox [2], however clicking on
> > the "unnamed text/html" link at the bottom of the page does show the
> > HTML [3].
> That link opens a new mail for me (well, it opens gmail first and then..)
> >
> > Generally it is easier to use the page history [4] in Confluence which
> > is linked from the bottom of the change email
> >
> > Having decided on the appropriate list, the appropriate mail filter
> > will have to be set up, as per:
>
> Having read the INFRA-18107 issue, I understand that the bulk status of
> the mails is one problem and the readability is another concern.
>
> But having no indication of change of the wiki pages is problematic, too.

Indeed.

> Tomcat seems to be sending the mails to dev, should we do the same?

+0 for me.

> > Developers can also subscribe to emails.
>
> What do you mean by this? Subscribe in confluence directly for mails?

Yes, you can sign up for emails.

It's not very intuitive, but I found settings here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/viewmyemailsettings.action
and here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/viewnotifications.action
and here: