Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marc Logemann <de...@logemann.info> on 2002/07/12 09:23:49 UTC

BasicDataSourceFactory (dbcp)

Hi,

i just read http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
and saw that dbcp uses "username" as a property for their DataSource Implementation.

I allways thought that the specs say that one should use "user".
Shouldnt this be consistent across all DataSource implementations?

---
greetings from
Marc Logemann
Homebase @ www.logemann.info

Re: BasicDataSourceFactory (dbcp)

Posted by Martin Jacobson <ma...@libero.it>.
Marc Logemann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i just read http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
> and saw that dbcp uses "username" as a property for their DataSource Implementation.
>
> I allways thought that the specs say that one should use "user".
> Shouldnt this be consistent across all DataSource implementations?
>

> ---
> greetings from
> Marc Logemann
> Homebase @ www.logemann.info

I have posted several times regarding this! In answer to your question,
it ought to be, but because there is no standard DTD for servlet
containers, or EJB containers, everybody can do his own thing! :-(

I still think that there ought to be an DTD for server.xml, and maybe a
way to map 'tomcat standard' parameter names to individual DataSource
implementations.
IMO, such a DTD (if documented!) would cut out a large proportion of the
posts on this list!

Just my Euro 0,02

Martin