Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Phillip Larsen <ph...@intermedium.no> on 2002/03/06 09:28:03 UTC

DOM Manipulation

Hi.

I am generating a graph with Java 2D, and then using Batik to convert it
to SVG.

In my graph, which is a simple line graph with circles connecting the lines
of the graph, I need to add some clickable links to the circles.

The problem is that I am unable to add the links to the circles as I am
generating the graph since I am using a precompiled library to generate the
graph.

I have tried to manipulate the DOM Document generated by Batik to replace
the circle element nodes with a Document Fragment containing an XLink node
with a Circle node child. However I have not been succesful in doing so.

Could anyone please show me an example of taking a DOM Document and then
traversing it, altering nodes in the tree as we go along.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Yours Sincerely
Phillip Larsen

RE: DOM Manipulation

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
> Could anyone please show me an example of taking a DOM Document and then
> traversing it, altering nodes in the tree as we go along.

A start can be the DOM example at:
http://xml.apache.org/batik/domapi.html

Thierry.