Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Travis Reeder <Tr...@Siebel.com> on 2004/10/08 19:55:45 UTC

ActionMessage and bean:message tag

I am trying to use the paramaterized bean:message tag with an
ActionMessage object and am wondering why there is no way to put the the
values array from the ActionMessage into the bean:message tag.  If i try
to use the arg0, arg1, etc, it uses those as hard values, it does not
get the value from the ActionMessage object.

For example:

Lets say I make an ActionMessage like so:
new ActionMessage("myKey", "myValue1", myValue2");

Then in the jsp, i use:

<bean:message name="msg" property="key" arg0="values[0]" />

This just puts the string "values[0]" into the string where {0} is.
I've tried different variations on that and it always uses the string.

So the question is, is there a way to put an expression for the
paramaterized values in the bean:message tag for example:

<bean:message name="msg" property="key" args="values" /> where values
would be a property of msg.  Or any other way to implement it like this
without having to generate the localized message in the Action?

Travis

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential and/or privileged information belonging to Siebel Systems, Inc. or its customers or partners.  Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all soft and hard copies of the message and any attachments.  Thank you for your cooperation.