Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/02 14:24:24 UTC

Problem with o.a.g.deployment.Deployer

After debugging this morning why I can't deploy to a different
configuration store, the source of the problem is the following...

In o.a.g.deployment.Deployer, in the call to

deploy(inPlace, planFile, moduleFile, null, true, null, null, null,
null, null);

The last param is the configuration store, which is being passed in
null, thus resolves later to...

  if (targetConfigurationStore != null) {
	AbstractName targetStoreName = new AbstractName(new URI
(targetConfigurationStore));
         store = (ConfigurationStore) kernel.getGBean(targetStoreName);
  } else {
         store = (ConfigurationStore) stores.iterator().next();
  }

The else statement picks up the "Local" configuration store, thus no
matter what Target's you pass in, "Local" is always used.

  Aaron, I'm not sure if this is the problem you were referring to
when you stated that "targets are being ignored"? Or wether you were
referring to the DistributeCommand using only the first index of the
passed targets, the rest being ignored.

- sachin

Re: Problem with o.a.g.deployment.Deployer

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Yep, working on a fix as we speak.

- sachin

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.