Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by jim mcnamara <j-...@twcny.rr.com> on 2004/05/18 09:01:27 UTC

windows binary

hi-

i just received word about tkbuilder.
I also heard a rumor about xotcl ide combined with visual tcl possibly
in the future.
Then i ran across some really recent work re: mysqltcl (which i'd like
to use)
for stuff that might require a little security when i cant use sqlite.
Tcl/Tk is definitely actively being promoted and developed.
There are lots of reasons at present and in the future to use TCL.
If web scripting caught on again using TCL I think more new
people would try TCL.  It would be so cool if someone came out with
a new web scripting manual for tcl using rivet for both linux and
windows
and threw in a chapter or 2 on mysql ( if mysql use is possible with
rivet ) .
i'd be first in line to buy that book.  some people that make xotcl use
rivet i heard.

Is there still a possibility of a windows release for rivet?

i am not against linux at all.  i just happen to have a windows machine
i got a killer deal on and it is not compatible with linux without
replacing things.

i heard vTcl comes bundled with linux (some distributions) .  Too bad it
couldnt be
marketed in a windows distribution.  Some could argue that is a reason
to use linux i guess.
I wish I could market vTcl and maybe rivet in the future on my website.
Only problem is my site probably
will only attract flies.  http:\\j_m_mc.tripod.com (what do you expect
from a schizoaffective though)
I'm no john nash unfortunately.  2 semesters of calc along time ago
doesnt mean that much today.
I hope to make a better site in the future.

thanks,
later