Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Funmi Beckley <fb...@pharmology.com> on 2005/04/15 11:30:26 UTC

Publishing created pages to another box

Hello,

Can Lenya publish pages to a box other than the one it is installed on?

Thanks in advance,

Funmi.

The opinions expressed in this email represent those of the individual and not necessarily those of Alliance UniChem plc. The contents of the email may be privileged and confidential. If received in error please advise the sender then delete from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you should not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any person.
Alliance UniChem plc cannot accept liability for any damage you incur as a result of virus infection.

Re: Publishing created pages to another box

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Funmi Beckley wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Can Lenya publish pages to a box other than the one it is installed on?

yes. You might want to use the replication script I have checked in recently

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/src/webapp/lenya/bin/replication/

whereas the functionality of the pending and delete dir is currently
missing within the default or the blog publication, but the UniCMS
publication has this functionality.

More scripts can be found
athttp://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/src/webapp/lenya/bin/

HTH

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Publishing created pages to another box

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Funmi Beckley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can Lenya publish pages to a box other than the one it is installed on?

You can implement arbitrary publishing tasks, including
copying the pages to other servers with ftp, scp etc.

For Lenya 1.2, look at

http://lenya.apache.org/1_2_x/components/tasks/concept.html

For Lenya 1.4, look at

http://lenya.apache.org/1_4/reference/usecase-framework/index.html

-- Andreas

RE: Publishing created pages to another box

Posted by Bart van Dijk <Ba...@Unilever.com>.
Hi Funmi,

I don't exactly know what you mean, but if you want to get rid of menu
information and you want to customize your own environment then try editing
page2xhtml.xsl. This file adds menu information etc. Maybe you should take a
look at http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/AddingCustomDocType if you want to
change th elook of the published pages...

Anyway, please tell me what you mean by 'box'..

Bart