Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bjoern Abt <bj...@inode.ch> on 2003/03/14 10:22:34 UTC

Hello List,

Background:
I am extending an existing application to the web. The existing application
is written in cobol and compiled to a *.dll on a Windows2000-System. I can
load the dll and go the specific entrypoints, so the existing logic doesn't
have to be rewritten.

My Question:
Is it possible to load an dll into the Tomact-Server, so that its functions
are always accessible to my servlets? I have a terrible overhead in loading
and unloading the dll in every servlet that is accessed. Or does anyone know
another way to do it?

Thanks in Advance

Bjoern Abt

http://www.inode.ch

Re: Loading dll for servlets

Posted by Bjoern Abt <bj...@inode.ch>.
Hi Pratt,

> Hi,
>
> If you want to hold the loaded dll permanently then you can load in a
> static class & keep it in context and use the same for all the users.
> If they need only for the User Session, then better to load in login and
> unload on session out.
That seems to be exactly what I wanted! Thank you for your help! I think now
i have the primer from where I can start on my own!

Greets
Björn

Re: Loading dll for servlets

Re: Loading dll for servlets

Posted by Bjoern Abt <bj...@inode.ch>.
Hi

Re: Loading dll for servlets

Posted by Tomcat-RND <to...@hotmail.com>.
hi,

Can you eloborate to load the dll in tomcat server?What is the functionality
required ?
Can detail us about overhead of loading and unloading dll in servlets?

Pls ignore i was wrong ..
Regards,
Pratt.