Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Patrick van Kann <pa...@fortune-cookie.com> on 2004/11/09 18:54:43 UTC

Slide 2.1 and Macromedia Contribute 3

Hello,

Has anyone managed to get Macromedia Contribute 3 to talk to Slide 2.1b? Contribute 3 apparently allows WebDAV connections to content servers but I have been unable to get it to work completely with Slide. I can connect and read HTML content in the repository in "edit" mode, but not write content.

I suspect it might be to do with lock modes, as the the error message from Contribute is to do with expired locks. The docs for Contribute 3 say it requires "exclusive write locks" - is that what Slide 2.1b offers? If not, can it be configured and/or customised to do so?

Cheers in advance for any help,

Patrick

Re: Slide 2.1 and Macromedia Contribute 3

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
Patrick,
Can you run a trace of the HTTP calls Contribute is using to talk to
WebDAV and post it to the list? It's likely Contribute isn't using
locking properly (we've seen this with other clients).

A decent trace tool is http://httptrace.sourceforge.net/

-James