Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by masz-wow <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/12 03:46:23 UTC

Index Optimization Issue

I managed to optimize my index successfully. The problem that I'm having now
is when I check the index using Lucene Index Toolbox there are a few files
in the index itself is deletable. I understand that optimize method will
merge the index files but How come there is still deletable index files in
it? What I do now is delete it manually. Is there by any chance that I can
delete it automatically? Any code that I can refer to?