Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2014/08/04 16:17:30 UTC

problems with the 10.11.1.0 release candidate

Heads up: I expect to flunk 10.11.1.0 because of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6683. I will hold off
building a new release candidate so that we'll have time to collect
other problems. In particular, I would like to see the results of the
full-spectrum platform tests. I expect to publish a new release
candidate on Wednesday. This should not affect the target release date.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: problems with the 10.11.1.0 release candidate

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.
mike matrigali <mi...@gmail.com> writes:

> thanks knut, definitely a good chunk of testing.  Could you log a JIRA with
> what you found to fail (just a test output is fine with me) and an
> improvement request. Seems like we could improve the problem tests to
> only run if the source db is at a specific level.  Would be interesting
> to do similar testing with even more back level db's.

I've filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6698 and added
the results from the test run.

Knut Anders

Re: problems with the 10.11.1.0 release candidate

Posted by mike matrigali <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.

Posted by mike matrigali <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 8/6/2014 10:48 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> On 8/4/14 7:17 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> Heads up: I expect to flunk 10.11.1.0 because of
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6683. I will hold off
>> building a new release candidate so that we'll have time to collect
>> other problems. In particular, I would like to see the results of the
>> full-spectrum platform tests. I expect to publish a new release
>> candidate on Wednesday. This should not affect the target release date.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Rick
>>
> I am pushing back the second release candidate until at least tomorrow.
> I want to see the nightly platform results after checking in the fix to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6692. In addition, Knut is
> running the regression tests on a database which was created with
> 10.10.2.0, in order to flush out other problems related to soft-upgrade.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

Once done, could knut post how he did this?  Is there just a property or
is other hacking needed.   I know most of the junit tests run on a
single db, and maybe that is all he is going after.  I dont know how to

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.