Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Octavian Popescu <Oc...@interoute.com> on 2013/12/04 11:28:08 UTC

DR in CloudStack ?

Hi,

I would like to understand what kind of disaster recovery options are provided by CloudStack in case of VM or host failures (e.g. can it do failovers from a host to another? from a zone to another?)

Thank you,
Octavian

RE: DR in CloudStack ?

Posted by Michal Rodzos <mi...@cloudcentral.com.au>.
Hi Octavian,

In addition there is a lot of redundancy  built into the Virtual Router.
Good explanation available here
http://blogs.clogeny.com/understanding-the-redundant-virtual-router-in-citri
x-cloudplatform/

These articles provide pretty good overview of High Availability in
CloudStack:
http://blogs.clogeny.com/high-availability-disaster-recovery-for-apache-clou
dstack/
http://blog.remibergsma.com/2012/05/02/high-availability-with-automatic-fail
over-for-cloudstack-management-servers/

Regards,
Michal Rodzos
Solutions Architect

Phone: 1300 144 007 | Mobile: +61 421 834 204

RE: DR in CloudStack ?

Posted by Octavian Popescu <Oc...@interoute.com>.
Hi Geoff,

RE: DR in CloudStack ?