Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Wendorff <we...@uni-paderborn.de> on 2013/01/31 14:13:51 UTC

Tapestry Application setup: What is wrong here?

Hi.
I'm not sure what and why it happened, but I have a problem.
As I asked last time here I tried to set up a modular tapestry application.

Thanks for your help all together, that's more or less working: the
modules are loaded now when I run the main application, and even the
pages are known and so on, so that's no problem so far.

My problem is, that something seems to be wrong with - or probably
better without - the ioc container; at least that's what I guess might
be the problem.

In my old application (no modules), running it in eclipse using jetty
produces lot's of output in the console:
- many classloader messages (for the different classloaders)
- information about the RegistryBuilder
- Debug information about the Module
- Info/List of pages
- Info/List of components
- Info/List of mixins
- Info/list of services
- time needed for startup
- the tapestry ascii art
- an information about the started port-connector to listen for requests.

Now in my new, yet more or less empty setup, which consists of several
modules, most of that is missing.
The console output only contains now
- the classloader messages
- the information about the connector

In between there is some feedback I added to the Module-Classes to see
wether they are loaded, but that's my very own code, so it's not comparable.
As a result:
- the application generates the core pages pageCatalog and so on, these
are working as usual
- the pageCatalog lists all pages defined in the modules as well as
those defined in the main application and in the tapestry core
generate any markup when rendered. This could be because its template
file could not be located, or because a render phase method in the page
prevented rendering with the following stacktrace:

  * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PageMarkupRendererImpl.renderPageMarkup(PageMarkupRendererImpl.java:50)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PageResponseRendererImpl.renderPageResponse(PageResponseRendererImpl.java:67)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PageRenderRequestHandlerImpl.handle(PageRenderRequestHandlerImpl.java:64)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$38.handle(TapestryModule.java:2222)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentRequestHandlerTerminator.handlePageRender(ComponentRequestHandlerTerminator.java:48)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.services.InitializeActivePageName.handlePageRender(InitializeActivePageName.java:47)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PageRenderDispatcher.dispatch(PageRenderDispatcher.java:45)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$RequestHandlerTerminator.service(TapestryModule.java:302)

  * de.lalm.services.AppModule$1.service(AppModule.java:102)
  * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestErrorFilter.service(RequestErrorFilter.java:26)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$3.service(TapestryModule.java:902)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$2.service(TapestryModule.java:892)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.StaticFilesFilter.service(StaticFilesFilter.java:90)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:105)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:95)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.ConcurrentBarrier.withRead(ConcurrentBarrier.java:85)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter.service(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:119)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$HttpServletRequestHandlerTerminator.service(TapestryModule.java:253)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.gzip.GZipFilter.service(GZipFilter.java:53)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.IgnoredPathsFilter.service(IgnoredPathsFilter.java:62)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$1.service(TapestryModule.java:852)

  * org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter.doFilter(TapestryFilter.java:171)

So the basic question is: What is missing if the stuff about
RegistryBuilder, list of Components, list of Pages, list of mixins are
missing,
and of course: how to solve that, as I guess it's only a hint that
something is wrong, but there may be different errors elsewhere that
might produce trouble later?

regards and thanks for your help
Peter

Re: Tapestry Application setup: What is wrong here?

Posted by Peter Wendorff <we...@uni-paderborn.de>.
Am 31.01.2013 15:44, schrieb Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:28:50 -0200, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
> <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You've cut the error message from the stack trace.
>
> Ooops, it's actually there. It seems the template files aren't
> included in the classpath or they're ending up in a wrong place.

That's it, thanks.
There was a filter setting wrong that defined the resources-directory to
be copied to the output classes folder - except, well, all files inside ;)

thanks again
regards

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:13:51 -0200, Peter Wendorff
<we...@uni-paderborn.de> wrote:

> Hi.

Hi!

You've cut the error message from the stack trace.

Are you sure your module classes are being loaded?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo