Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Amir N. Nashat" <an...@CJ.COM> on 2002/02/06 18:31:17 UTC

Form bean

I am using a form bean for a page called X. Page X has about 6 html elements of which 2 are hidden. Now when this page first renders do the values get initialized from the bean or from the values I explicitly obtain from some business objects I use on the page? The reason I ask is because a weird situation had occurred where I was not passing in one of the values in the query string and I got a 'can not find getter method for element a for Page X'. I just want to know if a page that uses a form bean calls it to not only validate information but to also obtain the initial values for the form elements. Is this true?

TIA

AW: Form bean

Posted by Oliver Refle <o....@gmx.de>.
Normally the fields are first initialized with the values of the form bean.
Because of this you have to have
for each used field in your form a getter method in the form bean. Otherwise
you
get this error message.

The page calls the form bean to obtain the initial values from this form

Oliver