Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dave Overbeck <do...@rcn.com> on 2005/04/22 04:18:03 UTC

tomcat, directories

Hello!

I am desperately trying to get a simple application to run which has two
modules, a utility and a web service for it. Suppose I have a utility
com/mybiz/util/ut which is called by com/mybiz/myapp/ws.

-Where does the utility class file go? In Tomcat? In Axis? I have tried
all sorts of combinations but the utility is not found.

-What if I want to create a simpler case in the default package? I've
read that a .jws can't use packages, but can it call another module?
Where would this module go?

Thanks for any details,
Dave

Re: tomcat, directories

Posted by Robert Gombotz <ro...@gmail.com>.
Classes usually go in axis/WEB-INF/classes directory. be sure to keep
your classes in a directory strcuture according to the package names,
so com/yourbiz/util/YourClass would go in a dircetory

axis/WEB-INF/classes/com/yourbiz/util/

hope I read your question right :-)