Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mili Miranda <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2006/07/11 21:52:50 UTC

SSL certificate

Hi all,
        Once again I'm trying to get a solution for my problem regarding the
SSL certificate. I saw that lot of people faced a similar situation and so I
tried the solutions put forth by them. I have tried everything possible, but
it seems strange that the same solution seems to work for them , but not for
me.
Let me state the exact steps that I have used in my latest attempt:
1) create brand new keystore
keytool -genkey -keystore <keystore name> -storepass <password> -keypass
password

2) delete entry so keystore is empty
keytool -delete -keystore <keystore name> -alias mykey -storepass <password>

3) import your CA's root certificate (root alias can be whatever)
keytool -import -keystore <keystore name> -alias <root alias> -file
<rootcert> -storepass <password> -trustcacerts

4) And then put it in jre/lib/security folder.

5) I then changed the jmeter.properties file accordingly
Uncomment these
ssl.provider=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
ssl.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

javax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:/jdk1.5.0_07/jre/lib/security/(cert name)
javax.net.ssl.keyStore=C:/jdk1.5.0_07/jre/lib/security/(cert name)

javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=changeit

I'm using jdk1.5.0_07 and it is installed in C:/jdk1.5.0_07

I keep getting the error "ERROR - jmeter.util.SSLManager: Couldn't load
keystore java.lang.Exception: No key found "

Is there something I'm missing out? Please help. It's very important to get
this resolved for our load testing.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Re: i can't run jmeter.bat

Posted by 高橋 紀子 <ta...@worksap.co.jp>.
thank you peter,

i commented out some JVM settings and tried,
but then another error appeared: HotSpot Virtual Machine Error.

but i doubleclicked ApacheJMeter.jar and it seems working properly.
so anyway i can use jmeter now.

thanks,
lico

Re: i can't run jmeter.bat

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

i can't run jmeter.bat

RE: SSL certificate

Posted by Mili Miranda <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the help Brian.
Yes, you are right. Something is wrong ith the key itself.  I tried
re-importing the cert again, but still haven't been able to get rid of the
error.
I think we use (/) slash , but I tried it with the other one too.
Tried using only the SSL manager too.
I'm using jmeter 2.2.
It doesn't look like I'm missing out on something, but I still keep getting
the error.

RE: SSL certificate

Tried that too. I have a feeling jmeter does not like me :-).
Tell me, if we comment the password line, then when we open the cert
through
SSL manger in Jmeter, it should ask me for a password, right? But it
doesn't.
Is something wrong over there?

>From: "Brian Swackhamer" <br...@benefitfocus.com>
>To: "JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
>Subject: RE: SSL certificate
>Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:29:03 -0400
>
>Try to rename the keystore to jssecacerts.  Then change your properties
>file and also use the SSL Manager through JMETER and give it a try that
>way.

BENEFITFOCUS.COM CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law. Unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or dissemination of this communication or its contents in any way is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please notify the original sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, return the original message to the original sender or to bfpostmaster@benefitfocus.com, and destroy all copies or derivations of the original message. Thank you.  (BFeComNote Rev. 08/01/2005)

RE: SSL certificate

Posted by Mili Miranda <mi...@hotmail.com>.

RE: SSL certificate

Posted by Brian Swackhamer <br...@benefitfocus.com>.